What is Biometric Security Fingerprint Technology?
Biometrics is the study of methods for uniquely recognizing people based upon one or more intrinsic physical or behavioral traits.
Biometric authentication refers to technologies that measure and analyze human physical and behavioral characteristics for authentication purposes.
Simply put, we use your employee’s fingerprint to quickly and securely log them into your POS, allowing them to clock in/out with a single touch!
Biometric security is a standard feature of all FTx POS software, and a fingerprint scanner is also optional with our various Hardware Solutions.
Features and Benefits of Biometric Fingerprint Scanner Software
- Password and login maintenance eliminated
- Reduced costs – no "buddy punching"
- No shared or compromised passwords
- Deter and detect fraudulent employee POS access
- Convenience – no passwords to remember or reset
- Convenience – faster POS login
- Convenience – faster clock in/out
- Biometric required activities are difficult to fake
- #2: Don’t use vendor-supplied defaults for passwords
- #8: Assign a unique ID to each person
How is your business being affected?
Notice the bar graph illustrating the above points made by the American Payroll Association. Using the numbers from their research, based on 100 employees for your business averaging $10/hr, you are losing up to $104,000 yearly from time clock fraud and “buddy punching”.
Weekly Expenditure vs. Yearly Loss Payroll: $40,000
Employees now have accountability on the POS; requiring a finger read instead of memorized passwords ensures the compliance of an employee, thus reducing the chance of theft via another employee’s information.
Employee theft is the largest source of inventory loss
*Source 2009 National Retail Security Survey